Friday 9 January 2009

Satyam Saga – Heartbreaking


I was surprised by the news of Raju accepting deep fraud in Satyam accounts. It was not only shocking but at the same time painful. I was associated with Satyam for 3 years and am proud to be associated with it. I left it in June 2008 , and with the recent development , it seems to be a good decision now. It not only disturbes us but all those who are associated with us . But these recent developments have make me feel down.
You have a baby whom you love more than anybody . You care for him, you feed him and to see him on the top of the sky , you even do things which you are not supposed to. As time passes by , the baby turns into a adult and then you come to know you have spoiled the child with your unwanted love and affection .
The same happened with Satyam. It was a brainchild of Raju. He nurtured and took the company to where it is in 21 years. And suddenly, the means he took to reach there, made all the difference.
Its very painful to read and hear news about Satyam. Analysts are talking about sellout, breaking up into verticals and sectors , closing down etc , and its hurting me a lot.
Throughout my association with Satyam, I had the best time of my carrier. Great environment, great team and charged work place.
Its very difficult to understand , in 2 week time, all has comedown and that because of a single man who should have protected the interests of the employees and shareholders.
In a span of overnight , this company has become untouchable .
I just pray that it comes out safe and sound and with stronger top management team with ethics and take the brand Sataym forward.
It would be painful for me to see the company broken and divided.

No comments:

Post a Comment