Saturday 8 November 2014

Rest Room



I was there in hospital few days back . It was a small hospital and I was sitting in the lobby . From where I was , ladies rest room was clearly visible .
Next to me were a couple , in there 70's . The lady was having some trouble and may be that's the reason they were in the hospital . After a while , the elderly lady wanted to use the rest room  , the elderly man took her to the rest room  and then he also wanted to go inside . The staff present there said that since its a ladies toilet , you can't enter . He was so adamant that she needed him and so he can't leave her go alone . After much assurance from the staff , he let them do that . It touched me  . As the time passes , you need someone to fall back on . This was love or habit or fear of losing someone special  , I don't know , but even knowing all the rules of a ladies toilet , this elderly  man didn't wanted to let her go in alone . He was also least bothered about what the society will think ..... life should be like this .

No comments:

Post a Comment