Thursday 9 October 2014

The Whole Of Life Becomes An Act Of Letting Go



"Life of Pi" ...this has been an amazing movie . just watched the last 45 min of this movie and I was moved . Would like to quote few lines which purely touched me .

To give a brief  of the story ....a young boy is left on a boat with a tiger alone , after losing his family in a storm . They know that both of them are not friends , but during the course of time , this guy developed deep emotions for this tiger . 

The charter name is Adult Pi Patel

Tiger is called as Richard Parker


Adult Pi Patel: I suppose in the end, the whole of life becomes an act of letting go, but what always hurts the most is not taking a moment to say goodbye.

Adult Pi Patel: I wept like a child. Not because I was overwhelmed at having survived, although I was. I was weeping because Richard Parker left me so unceremoniously. It broke my heart. Richard Parker never saw me as his friend. After all we had been through he didn't even look back. But I have to believe there was more in his eyes than my own reflection staring back at me. I know it, I felt it. Even if I can't prove it. You know, I left so much behind: my family, the zoo, India, Anandi. I suppose in the end, the whole of life becomes an act of letting go. But what always hurts the most is not taking a moment to say goodbye.I know Richard Parker's a tiger but I wish I had said, "It's over. We survived. Thank you for saving my life. I love you, Richard Parker. You'll always be with me.


Adult Pi Patel: Faith is a house with many rooms.

Writer: But no room for doubt?

Adult Pi Patel: Oh plenty, on every floor. Doubt is useful, it keeps faith a living thing. After all, you cannot know the strength of your faith until it is tested.
these last lines on Faith ...for me is not fully acceptable . For me faith is more of unquestioning surrender ...may be i need time to think . 

No comments:

Post a Comment