Tuesday 3 August 2010

Who am I, Who are you & who is Thee


Life always seems to be a mystery. And then comes the usual question, why at all life???
Before leaving for Mumbai, just had a small chat with my father and he recalled of an old poem which he read years back. The poet narrates few lines and says, when I was small, I used to ask this question from my mother, and that question is still unanswered.
Who am I … Who are you ….Who is Thee
Three sentence, but can bring your life upside down.
Why there is a birth, why there exist death and who is there who manages the whole show. Can in my life time I can solve this mystery of knowing myself.
Swami Ramakrishna says: Why life should occur at all. Survival of the fittest does not carry us far. Life has little survival vale compared with matter from which it is supposed to have sprung. A rock survives for millions of years, while the oldest tree is few 1000 years old.
So all the human level evolution is governed and dominated by the power of spirit in man, not by material forces.

No comments:

Post a Comment