Wednesday 12 December 2012

The Sitar is Silent


It was a shocking news today morning , Pt Ravishankar is no more .  I was fortunate to meet him in a concert in Delhi during the birthday celebration of Pt BirjuMaharaj . He was a divine figure for me as I totally adore classical music . With no formal training and just a blend of breeding from my father who is fascinated and understand Indian classical  music , I too feel emotionally connected with all the Indian classical musicians . Panditji was one of them . Its a great loss to the world as there would not be a second Pt Ravishankar . I always liked his way of playing sitar due to clear notes and vibrant feel. He had what we call in hindi "khanak " in his play . He was in true sense "Bharat Ratan " and felt the highest form in music is spirituality

No comments:

Post a Comment